PROUDLY SERVE THE GUARD WHILE PAYING OFF YOUR STUDENT LOAN DEBT.
Student Loan Repayment Program
The National Guard values higher education and offers many types of programs to assist you stay on track while you serve. The Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) is an option that may be available to Soldiers and officer candidates (09S) who have one or more qualifying and disbursed Title IV federal loan(s).
- The loans must be listed on the Department of Education National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) aid summary website prior to contracting.
- Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) incurred for individual use only are eligible for repayment.
- State and private loans are not eligible for repayment under the SLRP.
This information will help you understand the basic benefit and requirements of the SLRP. If you need more details or have questions about how to enroll, get started by contacting your local Army National Guard (ARNG) recruiter or education services officer (ESO).
Repayments for SLRP incentive contracts issued will not exceed the maximum authorized cap of $50,000 established by the Department of the Army.
- Enlist/Extend for a minimum six-year term of service.
- Meet additional eligibility criteria outlined in the annual ARNG Selected Reserve Incentives Program Policy.