Enlisted Affiliation Bonus
The Enlisted Affiliation Bonus is offered to current enlisted service members who affiliate directly into a critical skill vacancy in the Army National Guard from the Active Army.
Active Army Soldiers must affiliate Duty Military Occupational Specialty (DMOSQ) for a critical skill vacancy. Soldiers can apply for the EAB through a Reserve Component Career Counselor (RCCC) and/or an AC Career Counselor only while on Active Duty. Soldiers may execute the EAB addendum up to 180 days prior to their scheduled Expiration of Term in Service (ETS) date.
Critical skill positions and availabilities vary from state to state. Active Army Soldiers should contact their installation RCCC for the current designated critical skill listings in each state.
In order to be eligible for the EAB:
- You must enlist Duty Military Occupational Specialty Qualified (DMOSQ) in the grade of E-7 or below in an MOS with a valid vacancy that matches the authorized military grade and skill qualification for the duty position. The amount of the EAB will be based on the unit's need to fill the vacancy.
- You must have completed any term of service or period of obligated service.
- You must have completed fewer than 20 years' Time in Service (TIS) upon execution of the written contract.
- You must enlist for a minimum six-year term of service.
- You must meet the re-entry (RE) and separation program designer code (SPD) requirements for affiliation, in accordance with current ARNG enlistment criteria.
- You must have an AFQT score of 31 or higher.
Qualifying Soldiers may receive up to $15,000 when applying for the EAB.
The EAB incentive payment is a lump-sum payment processed upon affiliation into the ARNG after reporting to the unit of assignment and verification of qualification.