Mind, Body and Grit.
Physical and mental toughness are just the basic requirements. This is about commitment. A commitment to yourself. A commitment to those around you. A commitment to make a difference, help those in need and be a keeper of the American dream.
It takes drive—the kind that doesn’t fade when impossible obstacles are staring you in the face. It takes mitigation, teamwork and the will to achieve something bigger. If you’re looking for something more, the Guard is looking for you.
To join the National Guard without prior service, you must meet these mandatory requirements:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Achieve a minimum score on the ASVAB test
- Meet medical, physical and moral requirements