Enlisted MOS Conversion Bonus
If you're a current Army National Guard Soldier, you may be eligible for the MOS Conversion Bonus (MOSCB).
You will have to volunteer to retrain into a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) that the Army National Guard has identified as having a shortage of trained and qualified personnel in a Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTOE) or a Medical Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) unit only. Check with your unit's Readiness NCO about current MOS availabilities.
Qualifying Soldiers can receive an incentive of $4,000. The following are the current MOSCB incentive requirements:
- Pay grade: E-6
- Time in service: Under 10 years
- Pay grade: E-5 and below
- Time in service: Unlimited
The MOSCB payment is paid in a lump sum upon completion of the new MOS training and award of the new MOS.
Current Army National Guard Soldiers must meet the following general eligibility criteria to qualify for an MOSCB:
- Meet the Time in Service (TIS) requirement based upon Pay Entry Base Date (PEBD) through current Expiration of Term of Service (ETS).
- The assigned MOS must match the authorized military grade and skill qualification commensurate with the position.
- Complete any initial period of service for which an enlistment bonus was issued.
- Extend for the minimum period necessary to meet the service-remaining requirement to attend training if less than the required service remaining for MOS training.
- Agree to serve three years after completion of training and award of new MOS.
Your State Incentive Manager can help answer any questions.