Officers Without Degrees

If you're an officer candidate or company-grade officer, the National Guard can help you complete your bachelor's degree from an accredited institution prior to your promotion to the rank of captain.

The following types of officers are eligible for the program:

  • Officer Strength Manager (OSM)
  • Commander
  • Military Personnel Officer (MILPO)
  • Education Services Officer (ESO)
  • Officer Candidate (OC)
  • Regional Training Institute (RTI)

Your officer counselor will assist in your counseling, from your current status through completion of your bachelor's degree.

If you're not currently pursuing a degree, your counselor can help you establish a degree program using the National Guard's automated degree-planning system.

You can also find more information by contacting your state education services officer (ESO) or the Guard Support Center's Officer Counseling Team at either or 866-628-5999.

Current Guard Soldiers can get information on education programs by emailing the Guard Support Center or calling 866-628-5999.