94E RADIO AND COMMUNICATIONS SECURITY REPAIRER
The radio/communications security repairer performs or supervises field and sustainment level maintenance on radio receivers, transmitters, communication security equipment, controlled cryptographic items and other associated equipment.
- Install and repair circuits and wiring
- Calibrate and align equipment components
- Use test, measurement and diagnostic equipment, test program sets and interactive electronic technical manuals to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services on equipment
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 24 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 24 weeks, Fort Gordon, GA
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Mechanical, electronic and electrical principles
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Line installation and wiring technique
- Communication security policy and procedure
- Interest in mathematics and solving problems
- High attention to detail
- Interest in working with electrical, electronic and electromechanical equipment
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Electronics (EL): 102
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
948B Electronic Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will prepare you for a career with companies that design and make communications and electronic equipment. Radio repair, radio mechanics, teletype repair and station installation are all potential positions to consider.
Through your extensive Army training, experience and some additional study, you may be able to qualify for Electronics Technician Association certification.