91A M1 Abrams Tank System Maintainer
The M1 Abrams tank system maintainer is primarily responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on Abrams tanks.
- Perform maintenance on the suspension, steering, hydraulic, auxiliary power, fire extinguisher/suppression and gas particulate systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 16 weeks at Fort Benning, GA
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electronic and mechanical principles and concepts
- Use of electronic, electrical and mechanical test equipment
- Use of schematics, drawings and wiring diagrams
- Operation, testing and maintenance of weapons systems
- Strong in science and math
- Interest in working with electronic or electrical equipment
- High attention to detail
- Interest in working with diesel and turbine engines
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Mechanical Maintenance (MM): 99
Mechanical Maintenance (MM): 88, General Technical (GT): 92
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
913A Armament Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer
915A Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as an electronic mechanic, an avionics technician or a missile facilities repairer with companies that design, build and test weapons for the military.