68J MEDICAL LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
The medical logistics specialist is primarily responsible for receiving, storing, recording and issuing Army medical supplies.
- Perform inventory and financial management procedures, including ordering, receiving and storing supplies
- Load, unload and move stock using equipment such as forklifts and hand trucks
- Perform quality control, property management and repair parts management
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and two weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Advanced Individual Training: 2 weeks at Fort Sam Houston, TX
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Stock control and accounting procedures
- Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
- Understanding the handling of medical and food supplies
- Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and typing
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Enjoy physical work
- Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Clerical (CL): 90
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
920A Property Accounting Technician
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you’ll learn will help prepare you for a career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk or storekeeper with factories, repair shops, department stores, and government warehouses and stockrooms.