68G 68G PATIENT ADMINISTRATOR SPECIALIST
The patient administrator specialist is primarily responsible for supervising and performing administrative duties in the patient administration division of an Army hospital or other medical facility.
- Compile data and prepare required statistical reports
- Initiate correspondence pertaining to medical records, medical board proceedings, line of duty investigations, and other records and reports pertaining to patient administration
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology as it applies to anatomy and physiology
- Maintain a medical record-tracking system within the medical treatment facility
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in various office functions.
Advanced Individual Training: 6 weeks, 3 days at Fort Sam Houston, TX
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Typing and clerical skills
- Setting up and maintaining filing and publication systems
- Preparing forms and correspondence in military style
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records
- Interest in English, mathematics, business administration and typing
- Preference for office work
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Clerical (CL): 90
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
Your Army training will be extremely valued in positions such as clerk typists, secretaries, general office clerks, administrative assistants or office managers—whether it’s as a hospital administrator or in another corporate environment.
With your extensive Army training and some additional study, you may qualify for certification with the American Medical Technologists as a registered medical assistant.