35N Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Analyst
Become a spy. Watch the enemy utilizing a variety of tactics; scan and sift through foreign communications to find valid intelligence. Emplace and camouflage surveillance equipment and record target patterns to formulate a plan of attack.
- Intercept messages and isolate the valid ones
- Recognize operational patterns of the enemy
- Maintain analytical databases
- Place, camouflage and recover surveillance systems
- Prepare technical and tactical intelligence reports
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 24 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 24 weeks, 4 days at Goodfellow Air Force Base, TX
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Target identification and operational patterns
- Analyzing communications information using technical references
- Preparing technical and tactical intelligence reports
- Interest in working with radio equipment
- Enjoy finding clues that help answer questions
- Ability to remain alert doing repetitive tasks
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Skilled Technical (ST): 101
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
352N Traffic Analysis Technician
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in certain government agencies such as the National Security Agency, as well as jobs in private electronic/communication companies.