35F INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
The intelligence analyst is primarily responsible for the analysis, processing and distribution of strategic and tactical intelligence. They are integral to providing Army personnel with information about enemy forces and potential battle areas.
- Prepare all-source intelligence products to support the combat commander
- Assess the significance and reliability of incoming information with current intelligence
- Establish and maintain systematic, cross-reference intelligence records and files
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 16 weeks, 3 days at Fort Huachuca, AZ
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Critical thinking
- Preparing maps, charts and intelligence reports
- Military symbology
- Using computer systems
- Interest in reading maps and charts
- Gathering information and studying its meaning
- Ability to think, speak and write clearly
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Skilled Technical (ST): 101
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
125D Geospatial Engineering Technician
350F All-Source Intelligence Technician
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in research or business planning, even with government agencies such as the CIA.