15U CH-47 HELICOPTER REPAIRER
The CH-47 helicopter repairer is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the CH-47 helicopters (also known as the Chinook). With hundreds of Army missions depending on these helicopters, CH-47 helicopter repairers must ensure that all of them are safe and ready to fly.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies such as engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions and mechanical flight controls
- Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems
- Inspect and repair aircraft wings, fuselages and tail assemblies
- Prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks
- Assist in diagnosing/troubleshooting
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 17 weeks at Fort Eustis, VA
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Engine disassembly and repair
- Repair of aluminum, steel and fiberglass airframes/coverings
- Repair of hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems
- Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
- Interest in working with aircraft and engine mechanics
- Ability to use hand and power tools
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Mechanical Maintenance (MM): 104
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
151A Aviation Maintenance Technician (nonrated)
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as an airframe or powerplant mechanic.