15E UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS REPAIRER
The unmanned aircraft systems repairer is primarily responsible for the maintenance functions on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. They keep the aircraft ready to fly and ensure their ability to collect and transmit information.
- Repair the aircraft’s electrical, avionics, propulsion and fuel systems
- Maintenance of optical payloads, weapons systems, electrical systems, radio frequency systems and takeoff/landing systems
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 17 weeks at Fort Huachuca, AZ
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electrical theory and system maintenance
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Soldiering skills
- Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
- Interest in working with aircraft
- Ability to work as a member on a team
- Experience working with electronics and electronic equipment
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Electronics (EL): 93
Mechanical Maintenance (MM): 104
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
150U Tactical Unmanned Aerial System
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with intelligence agencies, commercial airlines and other organizations that have fleets of airplanes/helicopters.