13D FIELD ARTILLERY AUTOMATED DATA SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
A field artillery automated tactical data systems specialist is primarily responsible for operating the data systems for the cannon and multiple launch rocket systems. They play a critical role in the delivery of fire support for infantry and tank units during combat.
- Operate communications systems
- Assist in the preparation of computer centers
- Prepare field artillery tactical data systems
- Determine target location using computers or manual calculations
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
Advanced Individual Training: 7 weeks, 1 day at Fort Sill, OK
Some of the skills you’ll learn:
- Computing target locations
- Operating gun, missile and rocket systems
- Artillery tactics
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Field Artillery (FA): 93
- Interest in cannon and rocket operations
- Physical and mental fitness to perform under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Capability to work as a team member
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
131A Field Artillery Targeting Technician
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help you in any civilian career you choose. The experience you gain from dealing with various computer and communication systems can also be used in jobs such as computer programmer or telecommunication specialist.