12T TECHNICAL ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
Write the plan for success. Provide the blueprints, diagrams and schematics for anything that needs to be built. Survey land with state-of-the-art equipment and software to make your ideas a reality. Also, you will ensure the safety and quality of everything being built, taking samples of building materials and testing them in the lab.
• Perform field and laboratory tests on construction materials
• Draw topographic maps using computer-aided drafting software
• Conduct geodetic and construction surveys and results utilizing Automated Integrated Survey Instruments and GPS technology
• Draw blueprints for wiring and plumbing of buildings
• Provide technical support for vertical and horizontal construction projects
• Build scale models of areas
Ten weeks of Basic Combat Training and 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Advanced Individual Training: 14 weeks at Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Some of the skills you’ll learn:
- Surveying and drafting techniques
- Aerial photo interpretation
- Architectural and structural drawing
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Skilled Technical (ST): 101
- Ability to convert ideas into drawings
- Interest in maps and charts
- Working with computer-aided drafting technology
- Interest in algebra, geometry and trigonometry
WARRANT OFFICER TRACK
120A Utilities Operations and Maintenance Technician
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with construction, engineering and architectural firms.