12B COMBAT ENGINEER
Get your team out of any tough spot. Supervise and assist your team as it tackles rough terrain during combat operations. You will also construct fighting positions, prime and detonate explosives, and become an expert in general engineering.
• Build fighting positions, defensive positions, and floating or fixed bridges
• Place and detonate explosives
• Clear paths of obstacles
• Install firing systems for demolition
• Detect mines visually or with mine detectors
Fourteen weeks of One Station Unit Training, which includes Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
One Station Unit Training: 14 weeks at Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic demolitions
- Basic explosive hazards
- Constructing wire obstacles
- Fixed-bridge building
- Basic urban operations
- Operating heavy equipment
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Combat (CO): 87
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Perform strenuous physical activities over long periods of time
- Interest in engineering
- Enjoy working outdoors
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in the fields of construction, building inspection or building engineering.