Re-enlistment Extension Bonus
Current Army National Guard Soldiers who extend or immediately re-enlist may be eligible for the Re-enlistment Extension Bonus (REB). (NOTE: The bonus is available for both deployed and non-deployed Soldiers.)
Current Army National Guard Soldiers must meet the following general eligibility criteria to qualify for an REB:
- You must have less than 13 years TIS at the time of your current ETS, based upon your PEBD. The total military service criteria includes inactive reserve time in the IRR or ING.
- You must hold the military grade and skill qualification commensurate with the vacancy for which you're re-enlisting/extending (with the exceptions below).
- Soldiers re-enlisting/extending cannot receive more than one SRIP incentive during a contractual period. Soldiers currently receiving benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill Kicker are eligible for the REB. Soldiers with an active SLRP contract are eligible provided they will not be receiving payments during the same term of service as the re-enlistment/extension period.
- You must be in a pay grade of E-7 or below on the date of request and contract start date.
- You must re-enlist/extend for either a three- or six-year term of service.
- You must re-enlist or extend Duty Military Occupational Skill Qualified (DMOSQ) in an MOS within an MTOE or Medical TDA unit only, regardless of State or National assigned strength levels, unless they are Non-DMOSQ due to unit transition (deployment, reorganization, inactivation or relocation) only.
- If you are deployed outside the continental United States (OCONUS), you must be under mobilization orders (USC Title 10 section 12301 (d), USC Title 10 section 12302, or USC Title 10 section 12406).
- You must re-enlist or extend between 91 and 365 days of your ETS.
- You cannot be under any type of Suspension of Favorable Personnel Actions (FLAG) at the time of re-enlistment or extension.
- You cannot be in a Military Technician status (includes indefinite technicians and temporary technicians on assignment for more than 180 days in any continuous 12-month period).
- You cannot be in an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) status. This includes an AGR Soldier in a Troop Program Unit (TPU) status while deployed.
If you're not Duty Military Occupational Skill Qualified (DMOSQ) for reasons of unit transition (deployment, reorganization, inactivation or relocation) and are otherwise fully eligible for the incentive, you may be re-enlisted/extended for the REB. The initial incentive payment will not be processed until you become DMOSQ. You will need to extend for six years and you will have 24 months to become DMOSQ.
The three-year REB is paid in lump sum. The six-year REB incentive is paid in two installments.
Your State Incentive Manager or your unit's Readiness NCO can help answer any questions.