Officer Affiliation Bonus
The Officer Affiliation Bonus (OAFB) is offered to officers and warrant officers who are currently on Active Duty and who agree to affiliate into the Army National Guard into a critical skill position. If you hold the rank or grade of 1LT (O-2) through MAJ (O-4) or CW2 (W-2) through CW3 (W-3), you may qualify.
Officers and warrant officers affiliating with the Army National Guard must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for an OAFB:
- You must have received an Honorable discharge from all periods of previous military service and must have never previously received an OAFB for service in any Selected Reserve component.
- You must sign the OAFB agreement within 180 days prior to being discharged from Active Duty and affiliating into the Army National Guard.
- You must affiliate for a three-year or six-year term of service.
- You must affiliate DMOSQ in a grade of O-2 through O-4 or W-2 through W-3 into a valid critical skill vacancy.
- You must agree to serve in an AOC/MOS for which the bonus is awarded for the full term of your agreement.
- If you are receiving retired or retainer pay, you are not eligible for the OAFB. Exception: You may be entitled if you have not reached age 60.
In addition, you must not be receiving, or later receive, the following benefits during the period of service for which you are being contracted:
- Health Professions Stipend Program, Chapter 1608, Title 10 USC
- Education Loan Repayment Program, Student Loan Repayment Program, Chaplain Loan Repayment Program or Health Professionals Loan Repayment Program, Chapter 1609, Title 10 USC
- Other Educational Assistance Programs—United States Corps Platoon Leaders Class: College Tuition Assistance Program, Chapter 1611, Title 10 USC
- Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Financial Assistance Program for Specially Selected Members (Active Component and Dedicated ARNG Scholarship), Chapter 2107, Title 10 USC
- ROTC Financial Assistance Program for Specially Selected Members United States Army Reserve (USAR) and ARNG (ARNG Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty Scholarship), Chapter 2107a, Title 10 USC
- Special Pay: Selected Reserve Health Care Professional in Critically Short Wartime Specialties, Title 37 USC, Section 302g
Qualifying officers and warrant officers will receive up to $20,000. The OAFB incentive is a lump-sum payment processed upon affiliation into the ARNG, after reporting to your unit of assignment and verification of qualification.
You must affiliate with an approved critical skill Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). Critical skill positions and availabilities vary from state to state. Contact your state Incentive Manager for the current designated critical skill listings in your area.
For more information, contact your state Incentive Manager or your unit's Readiness NCO.