Guard Apprenticeship Program Initiative
“Earn While You Learn”
The Guard Apprenticeship Program Initiative (GAPI) provides service members with opportunities to secure an immediate job that also trains and certifies them in a skilled trade or profession. This type of job is called an apprenticeship, and it combines both on-the-job and classroom training and can put service members on the fast track to a great career.
A dedicated GAPI website will be available soon with registration information.
Benefits of Apprenticeship:
- It’s an IMMEDIATE JOB
- Earn a paycheck with competitive wages
- On-the-job training and related coursework
- Draw GI Bill benefits in addition to your paycheck*
- Obtain national certification and/or licensure in one of over 100 trades/professions
The GAPI is a joint partnership between the National Guard, U.S. Department of Labor (DoL), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and civilian and government employers.
* GI Bill benefits are dependent on service member eligibility and on the specifics of the apprenticeship opportunity.