Educational Counseling Services

The National Guard offers many education benefits and services. And dedicated education counselors at the Guard Support Center (GSC) are available to help answer your questions and point you toward the programs that will help you most.

Counselors understand the details of federal tuition assistance and can make sense of your GI Bill questions. They can help you find a military-friendly school that offers your area of study and gets you on course to complete your degree.

To talk to a GSC education counselor, call 866-628-5999 or email the Guard Support Center.

GSC counselors can also assist you with other helpful resources, including:

Officers Without Degrees
This program helps company-grade officers complete their bachelor's degree. Whether you're currently pursuing a degree or planning to start, GSC counselors can help guide you.

Army e-Learning
The Army's computer-based training system provides free access to over 1,500 information technology, business and interpersonal skills courses and personal mentoring. These courses are accredited and may provide transfer college credit and promotion points. For further info and to enroll, call 888-395-0014, ext. 2620, or register online.

The Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) keeps track of your military training and experience, and various college-level testing programs. Your AARTS transcript helps document all your military and education credits so you can easily reference them when applying to colleges or jobs.

Library Education Resource Center
Working with Peterson's online college guide, the Army General Library Program provides free access to extensive college and graduate school information. You'll find college and career info, study materials and practice tests, including the ASVAB, Military Flight Aptitude Tests, Officer Candidate Tests, Academic Skills, CLEP and DSST.

Dependent Resources
Dependents of National Guard Soldiers are eligible for a number of educational and counseling services at no cost. In addition, dependents may qualify for adult basic skills development and CLEP/DSST testing. Some GI Bill benefits may also be transferred from qualified Guard Soldiers to immediate family members.

For additional information about any of the National Guard's education counseling services, contact your state education services officer (ESO).