I am interested in joining the Texas Air National Guard for the purpose of launching a full-time military career in AFSC 86M0 Operations Management.
I recently completed undergraduate studies at Georgia State University, earning a B.A. in Communications, 3.1 GPA, and will be pursuing a graduate level degree, with a dual concentration in Human Resource Management and Operations Management, at American Intercontinental University in Houston, TX.
Goal: Join as an officer, complete basic training/ technical training, hold an officer rated position in human resource development on a base near Houston, while attending school full time. After completion of the graduate program, work in Operations Management in support of the Military's mission. Retire from the military.
My questions are:
(1) Does TX ANG offer tuition assistance for graduate students?
(2) Since I have complete undergraduate school (120 credit hours), will I be eligible to join TX ANG as an officer w/o attending OCS? If not, am I eligible for the Accelerated Officer Candidate School? OR could I attend Traditional Officer Candidate School (18months) while pursuing a master's degree (12 months)?
(a) how long is the process to get in to an OCS?
(b) If accepted into the Accelerated or Traditional OCS, will I have to attend technical training after basic training?
(c) Will there be onpost housing during OCS?
(d) If I must complete technical training, how soon will I be sent to a designated post after completing Basic Training?
(e) Will there be on-post housing during Technical Training?
(3) Could you tell me about the 09S Option?
(4) Will I be able to work (PAID) on the military base and attend school full-time?
(5) Will I be eligible for on-post housing or receive basic allowance for housing?
(6) If I later decide to transfer states as an Air National Guard Officer, how difficult will this process be?