Re: SF Officers?
You cannot apply for Special Forces as a newly commissioned officer just out of BOLC.
Requirements for SFAS/SFQC/CMF18 Officers are:
1. Must be male, minimum age of 20. No maximum age, based on individual evaluation.
2. Must be in the rank of 1LT or CPT (0-2 or 0-3).
3. Must have completed BOLC-A and BOLC-B and have been successful in your branch assignments prior to application for Special Forces (SF).
4. Must have enough time remaining as a captain to complete SF training and serve a minimum of three years in an SF unit.
5. Must have passed the APFT with a minimum of 270 points overall, with no less than 90 points in each event, using the standards for 17-21 age group.
6. Must be able to swim 50 meters unassisted, while wearing boots and the Army combat uniform (ACU).
7. Must have scored at least 85 on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) or have met USAJFKSWCS language school graduation standards on the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), in an SF-required language (other than English).
8. Must be able to meet medical fitness standards for Special Forces as outlined in Chap. 5, AR 40-501, Standards of Medical Fitness. (Must have color vision)
9. Must have a secret security clearance and be eligible for a top secret security clearance.
10. Must not have any drug or alcohol related law violations.
11. Must not have been terminated from Special Forces, Ranger, or Airborne duty, unless termination was due to extreme family problems.
12. Must be a "resident" Maneuver Captains Career Course (MCCC) graduate, by the time of enrollment in the Special Forces Detachment Officer Qualification Course (SFDOQC). Normally, officers will attend the Special Forces Assessment and Selection (SFAS) before resident MCCC attendance. Candidates with other resident Career Courses, may submit a waiver stating that their Career Course and experience have adequately provided Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) knowledge.
13. No officer, regardless of branch will be recruited if he is unable to reclassify from his current branch into Special Forces branch (CMF 18).
Last edited by SF Hunter; June 7th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
""What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson