X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im getting the feeling my recruiter is stalling or Bulls***ing me

So around the beginning of the year I finally found a recruiter willing to do my waiver for re code 3. but now its ben close to 6 or more months of getting him to actually read AR 601-210 and see for him self that I am clearly eligible for re enlistment. and he says he is working on my waiver but everytime I ask him about it he says hes working on it that hes having trouble understanding the waiver process. ive clearly done my part even got back within tape standards after gaining weight after being home for a year and at this point im just getting frustrated with him. I know its not a recruit limit cuz I see on his face book page that hes clearly enlisting people every month

I needed a waiver when I got back in. It took a long time for the stars to align and everything to work out. I was eligible to join, however, the guard wasn't accepting waivers at the time.

You say you've been home for a year? What were you initially discharged for?

Comment

I got hurt at basic so then they waited till I was off profile then elsed me out

Comment

I got hurt at basic so then they waited till I was off profile then elsed me out I got an ucharacterized discharge re code 3 jga my recruiter messaged me back to day hes now saying he will try to get me In around oct but he could be just saying that to keep me off his back but ive ben checking in about every 15 days sorry for the repost I wouldn't let me edit

Comment

Im a Re-Code 3 but i got my for a Dec Statement in 2010, my recruiter here has been helpful and speedy in getting me to MEPS. Still on IRR coming on 2 years nows and its ends september 21st so im hoping MEPS stays on the ball.

Comment

well I just hope he kicks it into gear next month will be 7 months since I first went to him and about 4 month since he said he was working on my waiver ive don't everything I can from my end its all on him now

Comment

If you lack confidence in your recruiter, you may wish to engage his supervisor (NCOIC).

Comment

Contact another Recruiter. If, as you say, his Facebook is loaded with his enlistments, he's likely busy with easier enlistments, thus putting you on the back burner until things slow down for him (they may never). The waiver process, especially a medical discharge waiver is not a "for sure" thing and involves a great deal of paperwork. If I were in his shoes, I would pass it along to another Recruiter who is struggling and willing to do the work.

Comment

well that's the thing hes my four or fifth recruiter and its not a medical waiver I need just the waiver to enlist with an re code 3 I didn't get a medical discharge I got an els

Comment

Can I ask which state?

If you've gone through 4-5 Recruiters, maybe the issue isn't them.

Comment

im in Wisconsin I first went to my original recruiter he said he would help me then he stopped talking to me all together so I went to the reserves and they were not taking my waiver so then I went back to the guard and found another recruiter she said she was willing to help me I got all my references and my hand written letter explaining everything then about 3 months down the line she stoped talking to me to and would not it was a good idea I made copies of my letters oh and she never asked for my packet or my dd214 or any other paper work so I decided to find a recruiter closer to me she was 40 miles away so found one I didn't no about only ten miles from me and when I asked her again about my waiver and I might have a recruiter closer to home if she was willing to pass thing on to him and she up and said ok you don't need two recruiters working on this and never gave him or me back my reference letter or anything regarding a waiver so I then went to the new recruiter and hes ben willing the whole time to help me I did have to convince him of my actual wait time but ive ben in contact with him this whole time and he says hes working on it he has my whole packet and everything and says (WE) I think meaning some ones helping him that he might have me in around October but he has said things like that before so that why im getting skeptical before he said he was going to get me in that month I contacted him about it I think july or so but now he gave me a time a month away but when I ask him where hes at with everything cuz ive read up on my waiver a bit and kinda understand how it work he only answers one part of my question each time and kinda avoids my actual question so that's the reason for me coming here for answers cuz hes no giving me much..........Sorry for the mass run on just trying to get my point across

Comment

If 4-5 recruiters aren't willing or able to help you, the matter is most likely due to your situation requiring excessive work that ultimately has a high likelihood of entrance denial. Recruiters are going to focus their efforts of tier 1 and 2 candidates. Whereas you're a tier 3 candidate causing recruiters to have little to no interest in attempting to enlist you.

Comment

Working...
                        X