X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy AD to guard

I am currently in the navy as an E6 and coming to the end of my enlistment. Looking into my options with the army and the ang to be closer to home. More information is what I am looking for. Eg. Reduction in grade, BCT expectations ect. Any information would be appreciated.

Well, can we get a little more info:
    State desired.?
    Your rating and mos you're looking into?
    Willing to reclass to keep E6?

Depending on the state/mos, E6 slots can be a little harder to find. Although, my state is packed with E5s.
    You would have to go to Army BCT.

Edit: I'll echo NYGuardRecruiter's post below. I had three PS Navy in my BCT (Three E5s) . They were allowed semi private sleeping spaces and their cell phones. They were treated as NCOs by other recruits and held some leadership for a bit.)
    Last edited by AWeisenberger; May 15th, 2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Unless your rate will convert over to an Army MOS, you're looking at reduction, possibly to E-4 and as you already know, you'll need to attend BCT.

I've been told that some prior service "trainees" are treated better (more respect) while in other cases they're treated no differently. I would imagine that because you were an NCO & likely older than most of the Drill Sergeants at Basic you will be treated better.

Comment

Originally posted by Methos7 View Post
        I am currently in the navy as an E6 and coming to the end of my enlistment. Looking into my options with the army and the ang to be closer to home. More information is what I am looking for. Eg. Reduction in grade, BCT expectations ect. Any information would be appreciated.
        USN personnel (including Reserve components) who have not completed Army or Marine Corps Basic Training will be required to attend Army Basic Combat Training (BCT). The only exceptions are USN Special Operation Forces (SOF) rated personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by AWeisenberger View Post
          Well, can we get a little more info:State desired.?
          Your rating and mos you're looking into?Willing to reclass to keep E6?
          Depending on the state/mos, E6 slots can be a little harder to find. Although, my state is packed with E5s.
          You would have to go to Army BCT.
          Edit: I'll echo NYGuardRecruiter's post below. I had three PS Navy in my BCT (Three E5s) . They were allowed semi private sleeping spaces and their cell phones. They were treated as NCOs by other recruits and held some leadership for a bit.)
          State: TX
          Current Raiting: AT Avionics technition.
          I would reclass to keep E6 depending on what the job it was. Any thing electronics related or language related.

Comment

Working...
          X