X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the process

I got out of the Corps in August and am looking at joining the national guard. I'm a little out of shape and could lose a few pounds but im still within height and weight standards. I just need to know once I talk to the recruiter and get things rolling roughly how long it will be before I take any kind of pft? Also roughly how long before I'm drilling?

The time length from first contact to contract will depend on you and your discharge type. Most Prior Service USMC have an RE-3 Code which requires a waiver. Obviously there will be a decent amount of paperwork and you'll be required to pass the physical at MEPS (no pull ups or push ups required). After you enlist, you can expect 3-4 weeks at most until you start drilling. Most units are reasonable and don't give a PS Soldier an APFT at their first drill. I would expect 2-3 months until you're required to take it.

Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info I got out with a RE code 1A so that shouldn't be a problem. Also I got out as a Cpl but was promoted a couple month later to Sgt. In the IRR will the Guard recognize that promotion and let me enlist as a Sgt?

Comment

Working...
      X