X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service attending Basic

Quick question as I am new to the Guard way of life. I have done my research and have come across some conflicting replies from the current recruiter that I have had my initial contact with. Quick and simple I was told I would have to attend basic training again if I am interested in joining that National Guard. I am prior Air Force Security Forces and found this on the Guard website along with numerous other post and websites. If this holds up and the recruiter insist I am wrong or there have been some changes in regulations what are my next course of actions to make sure if I do join all goes well. All due respect if I don't have to go through basic again I rather not. If so then so be it but wanted to make sure. Again this was pulled from the National Guard website.

~~•All USAF personnel (including Reserve components) who have not completed Army or Marine Corps Basic Training will be required to attend Army Basic Combat Training (BCT). The only exceptions will be PS USAF Special Operations (SPECOPS) and USAF Security Police personnel.

Its clear as day on this website http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...nd-basic-again If you have that AFSC on your DD214 then you should be good to go.

• Prior-service personnel entering the Army National Guard or Army Reserve will go straight to their unit of assignment, regardless of the length of their break in service, if they have completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, or special operations training for the Air Force or Navy, or Air Force security police.

Comment

Appreciate it Chief.. I stated the same thing and was told it has changed. When I ask for the regulations that confirm the change I was told to bring in documentation saying what I just posted here. Looks like I may have to go one step above. Also now im told per new regulations that prior service time does not subtract the age requirements to go OCS. Is this correct? I served 9 years in the Air Force and I am 37 now?

Comment

Well, I am not aware of those changes. NYGuardrecruiter should be able to chime in and confirm what you wrote.

Comment

Working...
        X