Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Career

~~Situation:
    I served 4+ years as an Infantryman in the Army. I honorably transitioned out of the military OCT/2012 as an E-5, due to personal/family issues. After being involved in numerous combat and training missions involving aviation support, I knew that I wanted to become an aviator.
    I have my bachelor's degree, and am seeking advice on the best way to become an aviator in the National Guard?
    Here are my concerns:
    1. I know at this time I wouldn't be able to pass a flight I physical, I have 20/40 uncorrected vision.
    2. I also don't know any commissioned or warrant aviators to get a LOR.
    3. I also don't have enough TIG as an E-5 to get 5 NCOERs.
    I am 28 and I know the cut off age is 33 and with the all the downsizing I would just like to know if this goal is realistic or just a shot in the dark?
    If it is possible, then what is the best way to go about achieving this goal?
    I am considering Warrant or Commissioned but am in need of advice as to the best route to meet my goal?
    I have been in contact with a Warrant Strength Manager and his advice is to enlist in a Aviation MOS since the California Guard is over strength on Aviators, but again I am strongly considering the Commission side?

Thank you in advance?

If you are an NCO and going for Aviation WO, the NCOER requirement is not necessary. But hopefully, the NCOERs that you do have are above par. You will get the "enlist first into an aviation MOS" remark which is not bad advice but you should still pursue and submit a WO packet and attempt a CO route as well.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 4th, 2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Please do not carpet-bomb the site with the same message in different forums.

Comment

Working...
      X