X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reentry Code 3 and Separation Code JFV

I have a question about trying to join. I joined the Army National Guard in 2008 but I hurt my hip in basic training (inflammation of soft tissue surrounding hip). I received an uncharacterized discharge under Chapter 5-17. My separation code is JFV and my reentry code is 3. Are they accepting those right now? I know at the time of discharge I was told that I could join again after 6 months in the civilian world but since then I have heard differently.
    Here is a little about me: I'm 24 years old, married to a Marine, 2 kids, scored 80 on ASVAB last time, 71 college credits right now.

I don't think being married to a Marine gets you any more props but a recruiter on here should see if you could be eligible for a waiver but that also should depend on your medical diagnosis. Or take your documents to your nearest NG or Army Reserve recruiting office.

Comment

While it is possible to enlist with a waiver for RE-3, JFV it's no easy task. It's on you, the applicant to prove the medical condition no longer exists. I would gather all medical documents and bring them to a patient recruiter who will submit them for a waiver.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Working...
      X