X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non RE-4 waiver

I read the sticky about the RE-4 discharge and you cannot get in if you have an RE-4 OTH discharge. I have an RE-3 with a general discharge for continuous and willful absence. I had three years of service in the National Guard at that time. I was discharged from the state I lived in before with this RE code. I was cleared by the state I moved to and given a spot at the infantry unit there after I was interviews by the unit and they asked me why I did it etc.. the recruiter then told me that the state had signed off on my waiver and that I was good to go once the NGB signed off on my waiver I would be "field enlisted". Last time I talked to the recruiter he said the NGB had it and since the state signed off on it so would the NGB and "I'll get you back in boots bro". I know recruiters are full of it most of the time and in the sticky thread here it said that Misconduct discharges are not being considered. Doesnt willful absence count as misconduct? If I cant get back in I accept my fate and will continue to push forward in life. A year ago I thought getting back into the military was the only way to get my life back on track but since then I am gainfully employed in addition to being a homeowner, I feel like I finally have a piece of the american dream. Can someone give me an answer because no matter what I say to the recruiter he keeps saying Im good to go once NGB signs off.
    Last edited by audi4; November 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM.

It was misconduct actions. You just have to see if its waiverable at this time.

Comment

Okay so NGB signed off and I enlisted into the National Guard 3 weeks or so ago. My question now is once I complete my new contract how will my previous discharge from the other states national guard reflect? Will I have to separate discharges or will the general be changed to honorable once I complete my current contract? Thanks

Comment

Your last/most resent discharge is the one that counts. So, if you complete your current service contract and Honorably discharge, that is the one that matters.

Comment

Working...
        X