Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prior Serivce Active Duty Army RE-CODE 1 End of term service completed honorable but positive UI

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Serivce Active Duty Army RE-CODE 1 End of term service completed honorable but positive UI

Good evening everyone,
    I have a very similar issue with a question. I too am prior service who had a positive urinalysis. I did my four years with great service, lots of medals and all that good stuff. I was on recruiting duty with one of the most jacked up battalions in the entire country for my last year in service and half my company was under investigation. At the time (2006) I think the soldiers on recruiting duty had the highest suicide rate from my battalion and we were all over 20/20 and 60 minutes on TV with recruiters lying to recruits caught on camera and it was a very difficult time. In the year and change I was stuck on this recruiting assignment my office put about 3 people in boots and only one made it. Long story short when it got down to my ETS time and going through ACAP and all I got into it a lil with my NCO because they were not allowing me any extra time to work with ACAP and get my civilian job and housing in order and long story short was sent to medical who said I was stressed out and sent paperwork to my commander and ended up me hanging out at headquarters the last couple months of my enlistment. This bothered some fellow soldiers of mine as I was not part of the weekly A** reeming that we received for not putting people in boots. I was called for a random urinalysis which was not monitored in controlled environment (ie I took pictures of the testing area the day of testing because it was hysterical the way the test was conduction, no chain of custody, nothing, people coming in and out of the area, civilians , soldiers, soldiers friends from other company's. I will sum this up and make a long story short now...I came up hot for cocaine and was notified right before ETS'ing, I knew this was either a jealous soldier in unit or someone had hot piss and knew it and switched labels as they knew it wouldn't make a difference to me. I contacted my civilian lawyer and spoke to jag, I showed them the pictures I took and brought high ranking witnesses that were present the day of the test and was told it would not even be an issue at all and 100% if I brought it to court martial it would be thrown away immediately, so I wasn't even really concerned over it, even my NCO and commander new it was bogus test as I don't do cocaine. Anyway, I talked to the drug counseling lady as protocol who within 15 min of talking to me could tell I was telling the truth and squared away and said I didnt need any counseling and sent me on my way back to my unit. I then went to my JAG attorney and talked with him about how my civilian attorney said it wouldnt be nothing to win this case and I would only have to pay him around 300$ and he could guaranty me it would be removed. Here comes the catch....The JAG attorney then told me about all the court martials that my battalion was currently working on with all the jacked up soldiers that it would be months and maybe a year before they could even get to my case. I had an apartment across the country already leased and job start date already set up with big company and everything in order and could not delay my ETS that was setup for the following month. With the advice of my JAG attorney, he said to me to just ETS and it will not be an issue, that I will get an honorable discharge with an RE- Code-1 and full benefits and it will not effect me in anyway. He was partial correct, I did ETS with no issues with RE Code 1 and honorable (end of term service completed) and full benefits, Im using my GI Bill now and almost finished my degree and currently under VA Health insurance and all but right before ETS'ing I got knocked down to E-nothing, this almost didn't even happen as when I was ETS'ing the first copy of my DD 214 had E-4 CPL on it and then the gentlemen at the ETS place told me to wait a sec and saw that there was article 15 and I should be E-1 which was where I got hit financially as I had 60 days leave saved and now was at E-1 and not E-4 but I still have the first DD214 he handed me with E-4 on it and then he updated to E-1 on second copy when he found error. I contacted the army review board 2 years ago in 2011 (after I had ETS'd in 2007) with no plans on going back in the military but still wanted to explain my issue to them just so my DD214 would have E-4 on it and not E-1. Everything else on my DD214 is the same stating completion of my term of service honorably with re entry code 1 still. Recently I have been having recruiters emailing me and calling my house and my family's house trying to get me in reserves and active and I just talked with a Lt Colonel friend of mine with the guard who kinda turned me on to the Guard as an officer since I am about to have 60 credit hours in college soon and was wondering if anyone on here was a guard recruiter and could tell me about this unique situation I am in. Sorry for the extremely long post I just really felt I needed all the details in here as some other people on here have similar issues then mine and everyone is pretty quick to say "positive drug test no re entry!", which I can understand for those who were discharged for it but I was not discharged. I completed my term honorably. Thank you all for taking your time to read this long post.

Not going to bother reading all this. What's your RE & SPD Code along with Narrative Reason for Separation? Only thing that matters.

Comment

• jdog7979
      jdog7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, If that's all that matters here it is directly off my DD214: RE Code 1, Narrative Reason for separation: Completion of Active Duty Service and SPD Code: MBK - Expiration of Term of Service.

RE Code: 1
    SPD Code: MBK - Expiration of Term of Service
    Narrative Reason for separation: Completion of required active service

Comment

If that's the case you're good to go. The E-1 would obviously raise some questions but you're eligible.

What does the 215 say? Was it only a change in rank?

Comment

215? Are you referring to the article 15 I received? If so, I was reduced in rank to E-1 and docked pay and pretty much the highest penalty they could give me with art 15 and the only way to fight it was the court martial and I didn't have time to sit in a cubicle at head quarters for a year or more while I missed out on good job opportunity just to have DD214 say E-4 instead of E-1. Also, I have a friend on recruiting duty still who I explained my issue too last night and told me to fill out a 369 and he would run it for me through the provost Marshall and I am waiting for the results of the today or tomorrow to see what it says.
        Last edited by jdog7979; November 13th, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• jdog7979
          jdog7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, There wasn't any 215 the correction was made as he was printing out the 214's when I was ETS'ing and he noticed that the rank was different on some forms then the others and then just straight asked me why it was that way, me being the honest solider that I am I told him about my issue and explained that the change in rank from the article 15 probably just went through right before ETS date, I probably could have said it was an error and would have left the E4 on there but I didn't want to lie or take chances like that :-( I got my 369 back by the way, in case you don't see my post below and it is completely clean. I was told about a form that would ask me about the article 15 and I know people will question the E3 rank with over 3 years in service and very decorated, but do you think I would be OK to enlist/commission since I was never proven guilty and just didn't fight it by the advise from jag saying I would be OK and it not being on 369? thanks for you help by the way...no one has been replying to me on here for some reason?

Any outlook on this from anyone? I guess it depends all on 369? I am still waiting on the 369 if soo...
        Last edited by jdog7979; November 14th, 2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

OK I got my 369 back and it is completely clean so now I have the issue of having my pay grade as an E-1 with over 3 years service which I am sure will bring up questions and I know there is another form where I will be asked about the article 15 correct? Will this have any impact on my enlistment/commission??

Comment

jdog, if I am not mistaken, a DD-215 is a correction form for the DD-214. Any corrections made to your 214 should be in the form of a DD-215.

Comment

sorry for the delay in response, I thought no one was gonna get back to me on this, as for the dd215 there isn't one... The error they made on my dd214 by putting my e4 rand on their was corrected on the spot before the dd214 was processed fully. So, with all that being said, clean 369, recode 1, and honorable discharge, completion of active duty. The only thing is this e1 pay grade on my dd214 and the stupid article 15 where they took my rank for this setup I was involved in that I never took to court martial due to the advice from jag saying it wouldn't effect me at and just to ETS honorably

Comment

so my friend that works at meps said that I guess during the application process it might ask me about prior article 15s? If this is true would this effect my enlistment or commission? I'm stupid for not just signing over when I was still on IRR, I was just reading through my emails on my ako account and just until I got off of IRR status a year or two ago they were sending me emails saying that I would just sign a form to switch over from my IRR status to reserve or guard :-/
                Last edited by jdog7979; February 1st, 2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog7979 View Post
                  Good evening everyone,
                  I have a very similar issue with a question. I too am prior service who had a positive urinalysis. I did my four years with great service, lots of medals and all that good stuff. I was on recruiting duty with one of the most jacked up battalions in the entire country for my last year in service and half my company was under investigation. At the time (2006) I think the soldiers on recruiting duty had the highest suicide rate from my battalion and we were all over 20/20 and 60 minutes on TV with recruiters lying to recruits caught on camera and it was a very difficult time. In the year and change I was stuck on this recruiting assignment my office put about 3 people in boots and only one made it. Long story short when it got down to my ETS time and going through ACAP and all I got into it a lil with my NCO because they were not allowing me any extra time to work with ACAP and get my civilian job and housing in order and long story short was sent to medical who said I was stressed out and sent paperwork to my commander and ended up me hanging out at headquarters the last couple months of my enlistment. This bothered some fellow soldiers of mine as I was not part of the weekly A** reeming that we received for not putting people in boots. I was called for a random urinalysis which was not monitored in controlled environment (ie I took pictures of the testing area the day of testing because it was hysterical the way the test was conduction, no chain of custody, nothing, people coming in and out of the area, civilians , soldiers, soldiers friends from other company's. I will sum this up and make a long story short now...I came up hot for cocaine and was notified right before ETS'ing, I knew this was either a jealous soldier in unit or someone had hot piss and knew it and switched labels as they knew it wouldn't make a difference to me. I contacted my civilian lawyer and spoke to jag, I showed them the pictures I took and brought high ranking witnesses that were present the day of the test and was told it would not even be an issue at all and 100% if I brought it to court martial it would be thrown away immediately, so I wasn't even really concerned over it, even my NCO and commander new it was bogus test as I don't do cocaine. Anyway, I talked to the drug counseling lady as protocol who within 15 min of talking to me could tell I was telling the truth and squared away and said I didnt need any counseling and sent me on my way back to my unit. I then went to my JAG attorney and talked with him about how my civilian attorney said it wouldnt be nothing to win this case and I would only have to pay him around 300$ and he could guaranty me it would be removed. Here comes the catch....The JAG attorney then told me about all the court martials that my battalion was currently working on with all the jacked up soldiers that it would be months and maybe a year before they could even get to my case. I had an apartment across the country already leased and job start date already set up with big company and everything in order and could not delay my ETS that was setup for the following month. With the advice of my JAG attorney, he said to me to just ETS and it will not be an issue, that I will get an honorable discharge with an RE- Code-1 and full benefits and it will not effect me in anyway. He was partial correct, I did ETS with no issues with RE Code 1 and honorable (end of term service completed) and full benefits, Im using my GI Bill now and almost finished my degree and currently under VA Health insurance and all but right before ETS'ing I got knocked down to E-nothing, this almost didn't even happen as when I was ETS'ing the first copy of my DD 214 had E-4 CPL on it and then the gentlemen at the ETS place told me to wait a sec and saw that there was article 15 and I should be E-1 which was where I got hit financially as I had 60 days leave saved and now was at E-1 and not E-4 but I still have the first DD214 he handed me with E-4 on it and then he updated to E-1 on second copy when he found error. I contacted the army review board 2 years ago in 2011 (after I had ETS'd in 2007) with no plans on going back in the military but still wanted to explain my issue to them just so my DD214 would have E-4 on it and not E-1. Everything else on my DD214 is the same stating completion of my term of service honorably with re entry code 1 still. Recently I have been having recruiters emailing me and calling my house and my family's house trying to get me in reserves and active and I just talked with a Lt Colonel friend of mine with the guard who kinda turned me on to the Guard as an officer since I am about to have 60 credit hours in college soon and was wondering if anyone on here was a guard recruiter and could tell me about this unique situation I am in. Sorry for the extremely long post I just really felt I needed all the details in here as some other people on here have similar issues then mine and everyone is pretty quick to say "positive drug test no re entry!", which I can understand for those who were discharged for it but I was not discharged. I completed my term honorably. Thank you all for taking your time to read this long post.
                  You gotta break your writing into paragraphs. The post you made is very difficult to read and made everyone lose interesting in reading it

Comment

• jdog7979
                    jdog7979 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK, here is a super summarized version. I had a positive urinalysis while active duty, which I concluded was another solider switching samples. I contacted a civilian attorney and jag and they both told me not to worry and I would Def have the charges dropped if I took to court martial. My jag attorney told me it would be months until I could get it to court martial and would postpone my ETS date. He recommended that I just ETS off active duty on time and it wouldn't effect me at all. He was right, I got out with honorable discharge, RE code 1. My question is, since they gave me article 15 for the positive UI already and took my rank, will that effect my re enlistment? Thank you.

OK, here is a super summarized version. I had a positive urinalysis while active duty, which I concluded was another solider switching samples. I contacted a civilian attorney and jag and they both told me not to worry and I would Def have the charges dropped if I took to court martial. My jag attorney told me it would be months until I could get it to court martial and would postpone my ETS date. He recommended that I just ETS off active duty on time and it wouldn't effect me at all. He was right, I got out with honorable discharge, RE code 1. My question is, since they gave me article 15 for the positive UI already and took my rank, will that effect my re enlistment? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X