Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service Husband and Wife Enlistment Question

Greetings, okay some background on us both
    Myself - Peb rating 10%, VA rating 90%, graduating with BA. PEB rating is for back pain. I want to enlist in the NG ASAP. I did my research and know that the PEB rating is what is a DQ NOT the VA rating.

My husband- PEB- 20%, VA 80%. PEB for anxiety. Same goal of enlistment.
    Only recruiters respond please. We both are looking to enlist and are in NH. What do we need to do to get this done. Also is it even possible/probable. I read all about the VA and not double dipping with drill pay..etc. my question is what's the process to enlist.

Re: Prior Service Husband and Wife Enlistment Question

Originally posted by mdemosix
    Greetings, okay some background on us both
    Myself - Peb rating 10%, VA rating 90%, graduating with BA. PEB rating is for back pain. I want to enlist in the NG ASAP. I did my research and know that the PEB rating is what is a DQ NOT the VA rating.

My husband- PEB- 20%, VA 80%. PEB for anxiety. Same goal of enlistment.
    Only recruiters respond please. We both are looking to enlist and are in NH. What do we need to do to get this done. Also is it even possible/probable. I read all about the VA and not double dipping with drill pay..etc. my question is what's the process to enlist.
    I am not a recruiter but I know the MEB/PEB process like the back of my hand. As long as you do not have a 30% or higher rating FROM THE PEB you are not auto DQ. However the rated condition in of itself could still DQ you. If you do enlist your severance pay will have to be re paid. The hardest problem you will have is convincing a recruiter of any of this, because 99 out of 100 of them dont understand the difference between a PEB rating and a rating from the VA, and they will tell you a 30% or higher VA rating is an auto DQ....but IT ISNT.
    Last edited by realitycheck; August 21st, 2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

You said the severance is to be repaid, I already paid.it back to the VA, from when I was med boarded, is there an additional amount owed.

Comment

Re: Prioe Service husband and wife wanting to reenlist RECRUITERS ONLY PLEASE!!!!!!

Is it possible, yes.

The major problem I foresee is passing the physical. Unless you were recently discharged with a good phys within the past six months you're going to need to go through MEPS for a phys. If these medical issues were service related, which I'm assuming they are, you will be required to disclose them and nearly anything and everything can DQ you at MEPS.

Comment

You cannot draw both payments so its six to one half a dozen to the other. Get two dollars from the army give two dollars back to the va give two dollars back to the army get two dollars back from the va. You didn't "repay it" it was offset by VA disability. The Army gave you that money because it deemed you unfit, and now you are asking the army to deem you fit again. If you make it to that stage in essence it gets rapaid but it is a major numbers shuffle. The intricate details of there the 1s and zeros would fall I am not aware of, but in essence it is not an additional amount, just an amout paid to a different entity (the army). Honestly this is pretty far from a realistic concern trying to reenlist in your current position.

Comment

Re: Prioe Service husband and wife wanting to reenlist RECRUITERS ONLY PLEASE!!!!!!

Mods, merge these threads.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...tment-Question

Comment

Working...
            X