X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for RSTA Cav unit with Infantry Squadron - VA area

I was wondering if anyone could help me locate an RSTA unit with an Infantry squadron along the mid atlantic? I know they're usually C Troops, but most information is hard to come by online. I'm an 11b with the CTARNG and looking to make an IST further south towards where I live. Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Re: Looking for RSTA Cav unit with Infantry Squadron - VA area

Talk to a Recruiter. Or I can get a POC for you. 29th ID has 2nd Squadron (RSTA), 183rd Cavalry Regiment. C Troop is located in Virginia Beach if I am not mistaken. A Troop and B Troop are located in Norfolk and Suffolk respectively as well.

Check out this link for other units nationwide: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...s-for-the-ARNG

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Comment

That was actually the troop for the 183rd I was looking at.. that should be the dismounted recon troop if I'm correct? If you have a POC it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Based on RSTA structure it should be, but all the units are within 45 minutes of each other. I'll PM you a POC, I'll see if I can get one familiar with that unit.

Comment

reply sent

Comment

2-183d Cav Squadron, 116th BDE is no longer under 29th ID as of 2005.

You're talking to a certain member of a certain troop on a certain beach.

Edit: Just read your post. The only one in Virginia is C-Troop 2-183d Cav. I highly doubt we can get you in but I'll ask. We do have an IBCT.
            Last edited by Mr_Loki; August 10th, 2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Message sent to Mr. Loki

Comment

Why do you need to be in a Cav. unit?

Comment

The easy answer is he probably is a 19D or Cav guy who wants to continue serving in one.

Comment

No.

He is an 11B and C-Troops in Cav Squadrons are 11B infantry (Light Recon Company). They go in before the Cav

Comment

Lol I totally forgot which thread I posted on there's a second floating around I forgot he said he was 11B.

Mr_Loki I thought 19Ds went before dismounted infantry? Perhaps you can explain the order of battle?

And other than being the Supply Sgt's lackey, where would I fit into all this being a 74D? You think they might let me ride along? Lol.

Comment

C-Troops have snipers, 60mm tubes for quick and light fire, and essentially 2 platoons geared for quick and light insertion/extraction. Most slots are pathfinder (with all the officers slotted ranger). 11B/C but still Cav Recon.

Before you send the Mounted Recon, you send the light recon in by air/boat(we have boats)/foot first.

I give my 74D the ability to do what he wants to do, as long as services are complete and everything is FMC. If he wants to go air assault, more power to him. He does have his hands full, though.

Comment

Should I ever IST back to Va, I'll definitely look you up. I wanna do some Recon Missions, get my feet wet. I really feel like they could help me with my marksmanship as well.

Comment

It's pretty fun.
                            Next drill we're taking the boats out to the beach.

Comment

I've always thought one of the most kick-ass images in the military is a beach landing in zodiacs.

Comment

Working...
                              X