Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for RSTA Cav unit with Infantry Squadron - VA area

Good Morning all,

I am actually supposed to join C troop here soon, I am a prior service Marine Corporal. My brother and I are lined up for MEPs next week to take the Oath of Enlistment again and i'll start from there whereas he is off to Boot Camp and Infantry School. I actually found myself at the Guard facing a potential recall, I saw what recalled Marines got stuck with (admin billets) and wanted none of that. With no Grunt units in the area for Marine Reserves C Troop seemed to be the best fit.

For those of you familiar with the unit, what should I expect? What are the chances for school slots: Pathfinder,Air Borne, Air Assault, Sniper, Ranger? I've done some digging and know Ranger is next to nil, but one can hope.

What is the average drill weekend like? Is it field-ops or like the Marine side reserve side where it's hip-pocket classes and checks in the box for HQMC?

I'm no where near the shape I was in before I EAS'd, but looking at the APFT standards I should be okay even now and well into a high 1st class within a short time frame.

I'm excited - can't wait to spend some time running around the woods with my ruck again

Edit: I can see the potential (running with a ruck as a '52?!), I was in our STA plt.
    Last edited by 0352Goat; September 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X