X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Marine and USAR SGT with med question

Thinking about trying to re-enlist but not sure if i can qualify for waiver:
    Age 38 Height 6ft 180 lbs with 7 prior service years looking for a light wheeled mech job fort worth texas.
    Med history:
    Minor bout of depression five years ago no recurrence
    Gerd controlled with medication
    ACL surgery right knee no issues.
    Partially Herniated C-6 in neck given steroid shots and 25 sessions of mechanical neck decompressions. Recovered
    Married with two dependents.
    Federal law enforcement with security clearance
    Was trying with the Navy reserve and the needed med docs at MEPS for the depression but recruiter kept losing paperwork and seemed inexperienced.
    Rather try and get either told yay or nay.

Re: Prior Marine and USAR SGT with med question

Nobody on this board will be able to tell you yay or nay. You're going to have to get with a patient recruiter and have him/her send up all your medical documentation. The Chief Med Officer at MEPS will determine if you can process, require more med docs, need a med waiver or aren't qualified. Most MEPS are very slow when it comes to reviewing med docs and a case like yours could take a few months to find out.

Not saying you shouldn't try though.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Re: Prior Marine and USAR SGT with med question

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
      Nobody on this board will be able to tell you yay or nay. You're going to have to get with a patient recruiter and have him/her send up all your medical documentation. The Chief Med Officer at MEPS will determine if you can process, require more med docs, need a med waiver or aren't qualified. Most MEPS are very slow when it comes to reviewing med docs and a case like yours could take a few months to find out.

Not saying you shouldn't try though.

Best of luck!!
      NYRecruiter, Roger that i know just trying to get a warm fuzzy from some of you guys on the board that have probably seen this before. I am going to give it a shot though and I appreciate your reply. I had a bad experience with the Navy reserve I had one recruiter who would get me in but he PCS'ed and the recruiter that replaced him was pretty much illiterate (every time I met with him it was like he'd never seen me before)so I decided try the guard route. Again thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X