X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ngb 22

I have just recently left the GANG. I am looking to join the active army but need my ngb 22 before I can finalize my packet and start the final process. My question is in two parts. How long will it take for me to receive my ngb22 and is there any possibility to receive it in a more expedite way?

Re: ngb 22

When I left the Guard to AD, I received my NGB22 in the mail but this was done through a DD368 in which I had a conditional release approved. If that is not your case, you can try to contact your STARC S1 for your discharge certificate.

Comment

I currently have a copy of my discharge certificate but they will not take that due to it not having the re codes on it.

Comment

Damn iPhone. What I meant is to call your STARC S1 for your NGB 22. I received both of them in the mail.

Comment

Chief, it hasn't been called STARC for close to 10 years or more. They're now called JFHQ as the Air and Army HQ have been combined.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            Chief, it hasn't been called STARC for close to 10 years or more. They're now called JFHQ as the Air and Army HQ have been combined.
            Sir, I appreciate the update.

Comment

Chief, in regards to the NGB 22 form. I'm prior service, all Army National Guard, and am in the process of getting back in the guard. On my NGB 22 form in Section 10 Record of Service it shows in 10d, Total Service for Pay, that I have 14 years, 8 months completed. But in Section 10e, Total Service for Retired Pay it shows that I have 7 years completed. Does that mean that I would still have to complete 13 more years to reach my 20 years for retirement? I had asked my recruiter but he wasn't sure. Thank you.

Comment

Yes, you will have to do 13 more years to be eligible for retired pay. That time could of been in the IRR or you could have had bad years in drilling status (did not earn enough points for the year). So those are the possible reasons why.

Comment

When was in before I missed drills because I was at PLDC, and then State OCS for a year and then IOBC for 4 months. That was the only time I ever missed a unit drill, but I had orders for those courses so I'm surprised that it would have effected my years served for retirement.

Comment

Do you know what the IRR is? What years did you actually drill from? Did you drill every year during those near 15 years of NG service? If you did not; then that is why. Also, if there is an error, orders will not prove that you served during those dates; LES will.

Comment

Working...
                    X