Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfered from Reserve to Guard, what happens to obligation?

I transferred from the Reserve to the Guard. Does my drilling obligation reset to an additional six years, or have my previous two years drilling counted toward my six years?

Re: Transfered from Reserve to Guard, what happens to obligation?

Presuming that you have taken no incentives, your RC obligation remains the same. Occasionally a Soldier accepts something which the Army considers an incentive, but the Soldier doesn't (e.g., promotion, MOS reclass, special school). Check your ETS date in your contract and on iPERMS.

Comment

GSAM, did you not read the new contract at all? It will spell out your obligation; new if any. I applaud you asking your question on a forum but this is something that you should have realized and learned before posting on here.

Remember you have an 8 year obligation from the beginning. I transferred components and branches (AR to NG; NG to USMC) within my first 8 years of service and read the contract before I signed.

Comment

My contract says zero years and zero months for RC and AD. I am not sure that is correct, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GSAM View Post
          My contract says zero years and zero months for RC and AD. I am not sure that is correct, but I may be wrong.
          How many years of service do you have?

Comment

Ok, I re-read your first post, so you are asking if you have to drill for just four years or six, right? As the LTC stated, you should have not incurred any extra years during the switch.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              Ok, I re-read your first post, so you are asking if you have to drill for just four years or six, right? As the LTC stated, you should have no incurred any extra years during the switch.
              That is correct. Thank you for the clarification all.

Comment

Working...
              X