X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prior service (USN) E-5, BCT Experience

Hi, is there any E-5/NCO here who just got through BCT? I know that prior service from USN, USCG and USAF have to go back to basic again because the warrior transition course has been gone already. I just want to know how prior service, especially NCO's, are getting treated during BCT. Do NCO wear their ranks or they will wear it after BCT? do NCO hace their own quarters or they stay with privates non prior service 24/7?

Re: prior service (USN) E-5, BCT Experience

We just had an Air Force Major enlist in the Guard as an E-5 and just completed BCT. He told us that he wore the SGT rank but was treated no differently than any of the other soldiers. It may be a case by case instance depending on the BCT Commander. I was surprised but huge props for what he was willing to go through to be a part of the Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
      We just had an Air Force Major enlist in the Guard as an E-5 and just completed BCT. He told us that he wore the SGT rank but was treated no differently than any of the other soldiers. It may be a case by case instance depending on the BCT Commander. I was surprised but huge props for what he was willing to go through to be a part of the Guard.
      Just curious why he didnt join the air guard so he didnt have to go through all the BS.

Comment

Didn't ask him. Perhaps he was looking for a challenge. A very humble guy, especially for a PS Major.

Comment

Working...
        X