X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm too old to be an MP

I will be 39 in August 2013. I’m a prior service USMC, F-18 engine mechanic (mos 6217).
    My five year active duty service ended Feb 2001 and my three year reserve duty
    ended Feb 2004 with RE-1A Honorable Discharge. My last rank was E-5

I’m in good physical health and can pass a USMC PFT with a borderline 1st/2nd class score. My
    3 mile time is not that great anymore.
    Is it to late for me too join? I mainly interested in Military Police.
    Last edited by Salty; June 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM.

Re: I'm too old to be an MP

Didnt you see this thread on this site? It was just created.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...799#post186799 <--click

Comment

You're good to go as far as the age requirement. As long as you have a clean record, valid drivers license and good credit history, MP is easily attainable.

One bit of advice. Get your MEPS physical done prior to turning 40. After that, an EKG and blood work is required and nearly 90% of the time the blood work comes back requiring a med waiver for either high glucose or cholesterol levels. I've had over 40 applicants in excellent shape still require a med waiver, it's pretty much a given.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Ok ladies and gentleman, this is my first post. I trolled on this site for awhile before I joined and it is a very useful resource. Now it is my time to give back. I served in the USMC active duty 1991-1999 and the USMC reserves (the Try One program) from 2002-2003 and was mobilized in support of OEF/OIF in 2003. I was discharged in 2003 as a SGT E-5. I was Infantry (MOS 0311) in the Corps. I joined the Guard in January 2012 as an MP (MOS 31B) at the age of 40. I went through MEPS in November 2011 and had to do the over 40 physical due to being within a few months of my 40th birthday. Although I had almost a 9 year break in service, I received a waiver to keep my rank of SGT although I lost all Time in Grade. Although I had no MP experience in the Corps, I am Police Officer with a major metropolitan police department and have 14 years of civilian law enforcement experience. This is what probably allowed me to keep my rank. You WILL NOT have to attend US Army basic training or RSP. You WILL have to become MOSQ in the National Guard/ Reserve MP course. Hooahh!

Comment

Working...
        X