X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• age question

i am prior service marine 4 years i am 46 with an re4 honarable discharge only coment is end of obligated service am i to old to enlist

Re: age question

Originally posted by masonjimmy View Post
    i am prior service marine 4 years i am 46 with an re4 honarable discharge only coment is end of obligated service am i to old to enlist
    The RE4 is your problem. Regardless of your age.

Comment

although its end of obligated service

Comment

although its end of obligated service
        Of course.

The RE in RE-Code stands for re-enlistment code. That code is utilized in prior-service recruiting regardless of end of obligated service. I had a seven-year break after completing 8 years of service (hence completed my 8-year of obligatory service) and my last DD-214 was required to enter the National Guard. That is how the cookie crumbles.

Comment

thank you for the info chief i knew what the re code was used for i was told about 3 years ago i could join with a marine re4 as long as the box right beside it said end of obigated service my blood presure was alittel high at the time and they had changed the age limit maybe the re4 was just a waiver any way thank you for your time chief any way proably to old to join any how

Comment

Unfortunately, you are to old. You must be able to reach 20 yrs before the age of 60. Therefor, you would have been able to enlist up until your 46 birthday unless you have Reserve time.

Concerning the RE code. The SPD & Narrative Reason supersedes the RE code. The USMC is one of the primary reasons for this. They tend to hand out RE-3 & Re-4's like candy.

Comment

thank you for the info chief i knew what the re code was used for i was told about 3 years ago i could join with a marine re4 as long as the box right beside it said end of obigated service my blood presure was alittel high at the time and they had changed the age limit maybe the re4 was just a waiver any way thank you for your time chief any way proably to old to join any how
              3 years ago it was a lot easier to join and certain restrictions didn't exist.

Comment

thanks for the information maybe it can help someone else

Comment

Working...
                X