X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force RE-4J?

I separated from the Air Force In 2010 with a Honorable Discharge, separation code KBK, and a RE-4J. Am I eligible and likely to get a waiver? The 4J was issued because I failed my last PT test.

Re: Air Force RE-4J?

I do not know if RE-4s are being waived. You will need to see a recruiter about that.

Comment

I know that in general RE-4s are not being waived, I was more wondering if different branches look at the codes differently. From what I've seen no other branch but the Air Force gives out a RE-4 for failing a PT test. I could easily pass one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Load View Post
        I know that in general RE-4s are not being waived, I was more wondering if different branches look at the codes differently. From what I've seen no other branch but the Air Force gives out a RE-4 for failing a PT test. I could easily pass one now.
        Army does push ups and sit-ups for 2 minutes and a longer run. I think you failed a couple before being kicked out.

Comment

I was not kicked out, I served my complete 6 year enlistent. I received the normal KBK separation code and my narrative say "Completion of required active service". I failed my last PT test a week before I went on terminal leave (I had over 100 days saved up). The failure put me in the weight control program which I did not complete because I was seperated. RE-4J- Entered in Phase I AF Weight Prog; or airman ineligible for period of Phase II

Comment

I found this online.

4-24. Prior Service applicantsIf an applicant received a RE-4 from the U.S. Army or a RE-4 or equivalent from another service, applicant is ineligible to enter the ARNG (waivers are not authorized). If an applicant received an RE-4 or its equivalent from another service that would have been ruled an RE-3 by the U.S. Army, a suitability review may be submitted to allow the RE code to be treated as an RE-3. Questionable cases may be forwarded to HQDA (DAPE-MPA) for consideration.*

3-23. Determination of enlistment/assignment eligibilityRE-3 with the following separation codes are fully eligible to enlist: KBK, KCC, KCF, KDM, LBK, MBK, MCC, MCF, and MDM.

I just don't know if my code would be ruled a RE-3 or if this information I have found is still correct
            Last edited by Load; June 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

What is the Narrative Reason for Separation?

The 4J requires a waiver. Air Force RE Codes are a bit different, a 4 isn't as bad as a 2 (not eligible for waiver).

The curious thing is the SPD Code (KBK) which is - Normal expiration of Service which wouldn't require a waiver at all.

My initial guess is that you won't even require a waiver as the SPD trumps the RE code.

Comment

The narrative reason for separation was "Completion of required active service".

I have been trying to find answers myself but I get conflicting answers. Air Force reentry codes do not seem to be as clear cut as other branches.
                Last edited by Load; June 7th, 2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Load View Post
                  I failed my last PT test a week before I went on terminal leave (I had over 100 days saved up). The failure put me in the weight control program which I did not complete because I was seperated. RE-4J- Entered in Phase I AF Weight Prog; or airman ineligible for period of Phase II
                  The Army doesn't want people who can't pass an Air Force PT test.

Comment

Working...
                  X