Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

    I am 11bravo, do I have to go back through MEPS. I got out in January 2012. I was charged but not convicted....yet of a DUI. Can I get back in or am I screwed?

  • #2
    Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

    Originally posted by b73239721 View Post
    I am 11bravo, do I have to go back through MEPS. I got out in January 2012. I was charged but not convicted....yet of a DUI. Can I get back in or am I screwed?
    Times are tough and I know alcohol waivers were suspended for a while. You wont be able to get back in with a pending case. What state is it out of?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

      Originally posted by b73239721 View Post
      I am 11bravo, do I have to go back through MEPS. I got out in January 2012. I was charged but not convicted....yet of a DUI. Can I get back in or am I screwed?
      Times are tough and I know alcohol waivers were suspended for a while. You wont be able to get back in with a pending case. What state is it out of?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

        Georgia. I screwed up. I am hoping for a reduced charge. But as they say, hope is not a plan.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

          Originally posted by b73239721 View Post
          Georgia. I screwed up. I am hoping for a reduced charge. But as they say, hope is not a plan.
          1. Don't drive drunk. 2. Don't drive drunk. 3. Watch this video... theraleighdwilawyer.c0m

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

            Yep. It was dumb. I was lucky no one got hurt but me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

              Most people who get stopped do everything wrong and get the cop to third base. Follow the advice on that video amd you at least give a lawyer a chance.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                  Yea, cops love to seek out and purposely get people on DUIs/DWIs. That was my whole purpose when I worked the road.



                  That lawyer is a money-seeking sleeze.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                    Why is that sleazy? He is right, one should never do roadside tests, unless you are 100% 0.0 on the BAC.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                      If you get stopped and are guilty are doing something wrong (e.g. drinking and driving); just fess up to it and take your lumps as an adult. Video appears to always find a loophole of getting out of something that is wrong.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                        Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                        Why is that sleazy? He is right, one should never do roadside tests, unless you are 100% 0.0 on the BAC.
                        Designated decoy.

                        Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                        If you get stopped and are guilty are doing something wrong (e.g. drinking and driving); just fess up to it and take your lumps as an adult. Video appears to always find a loophole of getting out of something that is wrong.
                        Wow. If all of our state's Guardsman took that advice, we'd have 20% of the force left.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                          Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                          If you get stopped and are guilty are doing something wrong (e.g. drinking and driving); just fess up to it and take your lumps as an adult. Video appears to always find a loophole of getting out of something that is wrong.
                          This is the most ridiculous statement ever chief. Its called due process.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                            Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                            Designated decoy.



                            Wow. If all of our state's Guardsman took that advice, we'd have 20% of the force left.
                            What do you mean by designated decoy?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

                              Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                              This is the most ridiculous statement ever chief. Its called due process.
                              Believe me, as a former border patrol agent, I experienced the joke of due process at times. Due process does not equal fair or justice. It is what it is SSG. Advocating due process is naive at best.



                              I can go into my arrests that resulted in lame plea bargains and non-adherence to statutory law but that will take forever to explain. And that lawyer is still a sleaze lol.
                              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 12th, 2013, 08:50 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X