X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

I am 11bravo, do I have to go back through MEPS. I got out in January 2012. I was charged but not convicted....yet of a DUI. Can I get back in or am I screwed?

Re: Do I have to go back through MEPS? Does DUI bar me from re-enlistment

Originally posted by b73239721 View Post
    I am 11bravo, do I have to go back through MEPS. I got out in January 2012. I was charged but not convicted....yet of a DUI. Can I get back in or am I screwed?
    Times are tough and I know alcohol waivers were suspended for a while. You wont be able to get back in with a pending case. What state is it out of?

Comment

Times are tough and I know alcohol waivers were suspended for a while. You wont be able to get back in with a pending case. What state is it out of?

Comment

Georgia. I screwed up. I am hoping for a reduced charge. But as they say, hope is not a plan.

Comment

Georgia. I screwed up. I am hoping for a reduced charge. But as they say, hope is not a plan.
          1. Don't drive drunk. 2. Don't drive drunk. 3. Watch this video... theraleighdwilawyer.c0m

Comment

Yep. It was dumb. I was lucky no one got hurt but me.

Comment

Most people who get stopped do everything wrong and get the cop to third base. Follow the advice on that video amd you at least give a lawyer a chance.

Comment

Comment

Yea, cops love to seek out and purposely get people on DUIs/DWIs. That was my whole purpose when I worked the road.

That lawyer is a money-seeking sleeze.

Comment

Why is that sleazy? He is right, one should never do roadside tests, unless you are 100% 0.0 on the BAC.

Comment

If you get stopped and are guilty are doing something wrong (e.g. drinking and driving); just fess up to it and take your lumps as an adult. Video appears to always find a loophole of getting out of something that is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                        Why is that sleazy? He is right, one should never do roadside tests, unless you are 100% 0.0 on the BAC.
                        Designated decoy.

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                        If you get stopped and are guilty are doing something wrong (e.g. drinking and driving); just fess up to it and take your lumps as an adult. Video appears to always find a loophole of getting out of something that is wrong.
                        Wow. If all of our state's Guardsman took that advice, we'd have 20% of the force left.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                          This is the most ridiculous statement ever chief. Its called due process.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                            Designated decoy.

Wow. If all of our state's Guardsman took that advice, we'd have 20% of the force left.
                            What do you mean by designated decoy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                              This is the most ridiculous statement ever chief. Its called due process.
                              Believe me, as a former border patrol agent, I experienced the joke of due process at times. Due process does not equal fair or justice. It is what it is SSG. Advocating due process is naive at best.

I can go into my arrests that resulted in lame plea bargains and non-adherence to statutory law but that will take forever to explain. And that lawyer is still a sleaze lol.
                              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 12th, 2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X