X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior NSW/SEAL thinking of enlisting in Guard

I am 37 and I served in the Navy from 1994-2000. Bud/s in 96, jump, 18D short course,and DMT in 97' SDV and STT in 98' and two years in the SEAL teams before getting out as an E4. I have often thought about it but finally been considering possibly joining the Guard in WI. I would go 11b more than likely, looks like I can skip BCT but maybe have to do AIT which would be a blast anyway. Would I be totally nuts to consider this?

Re: Prior NSW/SEAL thinking of enlisting in Guard

Also, my jump wings were earned at Ft. Benning so would think I could transfer that, but would I qualify to wear the special operations diver badge in lue of my trident? And my DMT dive badge. I can't imagine the army would go for me wearing my bird on my green uniform.

Comment

Well do not put the cart before the horse. Just go to a NG recruiter to find out what could be offered to you. But you can wear badges as long as they are transferred to your Army records and eligible for wear.

But look what happened to this guy.

http://bluefalconcoin.blogspot.com/2...nko-earns.html <------

Comment

WOW. "Punishment could range from making sure ... Sofranko doesn’t wear the award again and a written reprimand, to fines or any number of punishments." ... or to his soldiers never respecting him or following him anywhere. What a dip****

Comment

Yeah heard of that dousche Sofranko before! I actually think he was in Bud/s the same time I was in Bud/s I think he was class 209, and I was in 208 . It is a sad fact really that with all the attention the Teams are getting lately in the media. There are way to many fakes that are claiming to be Seals. I actually graduated Bud/s and did all the schools and got my bird after STT. And served in the Teams as a SEAL. I am not a poser, nor want special treatment just want to continue to serve in some capacity no that my life is in order and i can. Thanks Chief already have been talking to local NG recruiter about it, he was a bit standoffish until he actually had my DD214 and realized I wasn't full of **** I think he didn't know what do do with it really. Not looking for special recognition just curious if anything really transfers from my Navy accomplishments. Thanks guys.
          Last edited by ndbrown76; April 26th, 2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ndbrown76 View Post
            Yeah heard of that dousche Sofranko before! I actually think he was in Bud/s the same time I was in Bud/s I think he was class 209, and I was in 208 . It is a sad fact really that with all the attention the Teams are getting lately in the media. There are way to many fakes that are claiming to be Seals. I actually graduated Bud/s and did all the schools and got my bird after STT. And served in the Teams as a SEAL. I am not a poser, nor want special treatment just want to continue to serve in some capacity no that my life is in order and i can. Thanks Chief already have been talking to local NG recruiter about it, he was a bit standoffish until he actually had my DD214 and realized I wasn't full of **** I think he didn't know what do do with it really. Not looking for special recognition just curious if anything really transfers from my Navy accomplishments. Thanks guys.
            Yep Sailor, most of your awards are going to carry over. There is a regulation that governs the wearing of USN awards and what not (I believe it is DD 600-8-2, but I could be wrong). At most, you might have to submit some documentation to your state's HQ in order to get the rubber stamp.

As far as the jump wings, that is probably the easiest one. You should have received a 1059 from the Army for that class and that's pretty much it. Plus your DD214 is going to help immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              Well do not put the cart before the horse. Just go to a NG recruiter to find out what could be offered to you. But you can wear badges as long as they are transferred to your Army records and eligible for wear.

But look what happened to this guy.

http://bluefalconcoin.blogspot.com/2...nko-earns.html <------
              I just don't understand why people do that? I honestly mean that. Don't they get it that they will be caught and found out? Hell I'm the first to admit that I'm not tough to make it through that.

Comment

Working...
              X