Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS a few questions and clarifications.

I started talking to the national guard recruiter yesterday. He seems like a helpful guy, but there were a few questions he was not sure of.
    Ok, so I got out from the Navy as an FMF corpsman 15 Jan 12. I got out honorable under an RE-3 Force reduction which he said is waiverable.
    I also currently receive VA disability at 40% total. 30% is PTSD and the other 10 is lower back and tinnitus. I was diagnosed in the Navy and got treatment but was not separated for medical reasons. The Navy cleared me for other rates/MOSes but I did not want to go to what they were offering. I read other posts and it sounds like I will have to go to a PEB? I also read VA rating and military rating are different. Well I was never rated in the military. So do I even have to go to a PEB? Also do I have to go to BCT? (I will if I have to just wondering). Thanks for any help and info.

Re: PS a few questions and clarifications.

I was a Marine in the FMF

First, because something is waiverable does not mean it will be waived/approved.

Also, the Guard/Army deals with a lot of manual labor so the docs at MEPS will need to approve you as well.

Mr. Cognito is the legal expert on here but I thought a PEB is for Soldiers who are being looked to being medically separated from the military. Not a board to re-enter.

Comment

Working...
    X