X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19D AIT for PS NCOs

I was wondering what the AIT environment would be like for an E-5 at Benning for 19D. Will I be treated like a PVT with no phone, and all the old BCT stuff or will they give me some freedom since I'm not your usual FNG and have rank, leadership, and prior deployments. Either way if I move to North Carolina, I'll take 19D regardless of what will come. Thanks.

V/R,

SGT Deane

Re: 19D AIT for PS NCOs

Originally posted by damienwolf View Post
    I was wondering what the AIT environment would be like for an E-5 at Benning for 19D. Will I be treated like a PVT with no phone, and all the old BCT stuff or will they give me some freedom since I'm not your usual FNG and have rank, leadership, and prior deployments. Either way if I move to North Carolina, I'll take 19D regardless of what will come. Thanks.

V/R,

SGT Deane
    Are you going to have to go through BCT again, or just MOSQ? Chances are you'll go to a NG MOSQ course if you don't have to re-do Basic, and that will be worlds different from BCT.

Comment

Just for MOSQ. I've already done BCT at relaxin Jackson which was an interesting experience as a prior service NCO.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
        Are you going to have to go through BCT again, or just MOSQ? Chances are you'll go to a NG MOSQ course if you don't have to re-do Basic, and that will be worlds different from BCT.
        To echo the LT, you'll likely do an MOSQ course through the NG. A popular site for 19D is at the 117th RTI where I drill in Smyrna,TN. Location will likely depend on your locale and just availability of seats in ATRRS though.

Comment

If it's anything like the 13-series MOSQ courses, it will be 7 days a week, and pretty much death by powerpoint. But, you will have your car (unless you fly, but you won't because you get reimbursed for travel and you're prior service, so you know what I'm talking about).
          Last edited by Lance13A; April 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I did the same thing for 25C in Sacramento. Flew in, taxi to the training site and stuck with no car for four weeks (never again) of power point and hands on. So I'll probably be headed to Tennessee then since that would save money. But I hope it won't be a lot of power point for 19D but if artillery does it, I probably will. I appreciate all the responses.

V/R,

SGT Deane
            UT ARNG

Comment

I am headed to Smynra in a few days for 19D, anxious and excited for what is to come. I am an E3, so I am not too sure what to expect there.

Comment

Working...
              X