Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Needing to find some answers regarding Prior Service Age Requirement

Originally posted by lfd2875 View Post
    The Army defines “prior service” as any applicant with more than 180 days of military service, or those who graduated from military job-training (MOS/AFSC/Rating), regardless of time-in-service. Individuals with less than 180 days of military service, and/or those who have not completed military job-training are classified as “Glossary Prior Service,” and are processed the same as non-prior service recruits, with the exception that they must have a qualifying RE Code (or receive a waiver) on their DD Form 214.

CLEAR AS MUD!!!?
    CLEAR AS CRYSTAL. You are not MOSq'd. Plain and simple. You have completed ZERO days of military service because you are not MOSq'd. You're not even a BCT grad.

Comment

In fact Vice, that is what I am doing Monday morning. After talking with them yesterday, or last night, they said I would have an excellent chance at re-enlisting. I may even get the MOS that I wanted originally. I'll post back with results!

Comment

Your determination to join is admirable. Personally, some of the best soldiers that I know joined after the age of 30. Unfortunately, with the current state of financial restriction new requirements have been set. These requirements are as mentioned in the posts above. You seem as though you would be a good asset to the ARNG, so I would urge you to monitor the age requirements week by week. These things are volatile and subject to change quite often. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X