Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, yet another prior service waiver thread.

I am prior service Army National Guard (Honorably Discharged) and prior service USMC (General under honorable conditions). My USMC discharge is RE-3p (JFX1), I was told I have a pre-existing condition, anxiety disorder. This was way back in early 2007. (I both deployed while I was in the ARNG and discharged with an RE-1). A few years have passed and I am attending school part time (I still receive G.I Bill benefits because I served in OIF 3) and I am a full time police officer. I really want to get back in the military, but everywhere I look I can barely get a recruiter to give me the time of day. I understand that a waiver would be required, and I am very happy with my civilian employment, but any insight would be appreciated.

Re: Hello, yet another prior service waiver thread.

How did you get a General Under Honorable? Did you receive NJPs and/or involuntary separated?

Comment

Involuntary separated, I transferred from the ARNG to the USMC almost directly after returning home. I will admit to being depressed at the time and, at the recommendation of the chaplin (which I regret to this day) I spoke with a psychiatrist, which led from one thing to another. Not going to blame it on anything other than myself, but I saw a way out and I took it. I do not regret my time in the USMC, and again I get to put on another uniform every day to serve my country honorably, but I miss a lot of the structure and discipline in the military. (I even honestly miss some of the clusters lol)

Comment

Well, understand that with the current draw-down recruiting demands have changed and a PS that requires a waiver may not afford a recruiter the proper motivation to assist. I suggest that you seek ARNG and Army Reserve recruiters and discuss them your intentions on why you will be an excellent asset returning to Guard service.

Comment

Thank you for the answer and your time.

Comment

Working...
          X