Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prior service, looking for advice or past experience with re enlist (re3 jga)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service, looking for advice or past experience with re enlist (re3 jga)

Hello everyone, and thank you for taking time to look at my post. Ill try to make it as short an informative as possible. Basically I joined up in July of 2010 through the National Guard, I was going through the GED Plus program then to Ft Benning for 11B OSUT. I did really well in both up until right before graduation I got hurt and they found stress fractures in my femoral neck. From there I was sent home on 28 days of convalescent leave and upon my return with re evaluation they had found that it has actually worsened. So from there I lost my motivation, I was told I was done and that I had two options, try for a med board discharge and be barred from re enlistment or I could do a chapter 11 discharge and be good to go as soon as I was healed and ready. I took option two. From what I hear I made a horrible choice given how hard it is to get a waiver. So I talked to a recruiter and met with him this past week, told him my situation and he had me start the process of re enlisting but told me he would try to get me a waiver but couldn't promise anything. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? And is it a good sign that I found a recruiter to work with me? Ill try as long as it takes to get back in.
    Well thanks for taking a look and sorry if its kind of scrambled and on going text, I posted this from my phone. Thanks again.

Re: Prior service, looking for advice or past experience with re enlist (re3 jga)

Also, does anyone know if when you apply for a waiver, if it gets denied is it going to make it harder for me to get one in the future? I will try until I'm no longer allowed to. I want back in very badly and if given the opportunity I will stay in for as long as I am allowed. Again sorry for the unorganization in my post. Posting this from a phone. Thank you for your time.
    Also I will let you all know how my process goes. I am seeing my recruiter tomorrow to do some more paperwork.

Comment

Re: Prior service, looking for advice or past experience with re enlist (re3 jga)

Did you get your GED?

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
        Did you get your GED?
        Yes I did 1SG. My recruiter told me that the GED wont affect me because im prior service. But I also have some college now so it shouldnt be an issue. At least I hope so.

I did all of my paperwork with my recruiter today. The whole packet, I guess now it's just a waiting game. I got such high hopes, I want back in more than anything.
        Thank you for your reply 1SG.

Comment

Working...
        X