Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons and medal

Greetings all.

I'm prior Navy, USS KIttyhawk (97-01). During my tour i have received at least 2 rows of ribbons. However on my DD214 it shows 2 ribbons only. I been trying to get all my ribbons accounted for but the office in Memphis won't get me my records in time before I ship. I graduated and enlisted just last week. henceforth the time constraint.

I really like to have all my ribbons and award to be displayed by week 9 when walking across as a new soldier. Does anybody have a good recommendation of how to obtain my service records sooner?

I am scheduled to see RSP next week just to discuss this issue.

2nd. Any info on what a SPC is to expect in BCT? It been 11 years since i was in bootcamp. From what I read, BCT is now more FRIENDLY according to my recruiter. From my understand he said BCT is not what is was when he attended or when i was attending. He stated that it's less focus on break downing a civilian and more on soldier skills. Any validity on this matter?

Lastly. I think I made the mistake of going NG instead of AGR or army. After a year's worth of rejection from sending out resume and a 68K student loan debt I was told that the only AGR or army AD position was in INTEL, which I happen to know nothing about. A student loan repayment program is available but only for AD members. My question is would switching out my agreed upon MOS (94E) to another MOS (35P) be a wise choice?

I am shipping Apr 17

Re: Ribbons and medal

Do you have the orders of those other ribbons? If you do, then do not worry and wear those ribbons. Get them uploaded to your Army file at your S1 at your new unit.

Stay focus like the hardcore Navy bootcamp.

Comment

Thank you for responding Chief and sorry i think I was very unclear. The problem is my DD214 show 2 ribbons awarded. The fact is I know when I left I had 2 rows of ribbons. I no longer have those ribbons and i like to know if there is a way to obtain my records sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by RZheng View Post
        Thank you for responding Chief and sorry i think I was very unclear. The problem is my DD214 show 2 ribbons awarded. The fact is I know when I left I had 2 rows of ribbons. I no longer have those ribbons and i like to know if there is a way to obtain my records sooner?
        What ribbons/awards are you referring to? In the Army, we receive orders when we earn an award (e.g. Army Achievement). If they are not on your DD214, then take those award orders and mail to the Navy Board of Corrections to receive a DD215 which will update with the proper corrections..

Also, rows of ribbons are irrelevant since I can make two rows into three or vice versa. I guess you are going with three ribbons per row. Obviously, you did not rate ribbons that SMs start getting after the GWOT started (e.g. national defense if you got out before 9/11) but you will rate when you get back in the service.

Comment

Which ribbons do you mean? Some ribbons are substantiated merely by your service record (e.g., the ones you get for serving during a period of time, such as the NDSM), whereas those based on individual achievement require a specific document.

Don't wear what you can't prove. If you don't get your old records in time, don't wear anything that could prove controversial. It's not worth the risk to your honor. Once you get those records, your unit clerk at your home unit can update your record.

Did you have a chance to review your DD214 before you separated?

Comment

Working...
          X