X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston MEPS Help for PS

Hello to all and thanking you in advance for taking the time to read and provide thoughtful/useful insight.

Now to my concern/issue.

Prior Active Duty Army, 9 years, 11B2YP. Last stint with the NG in MA, got out in 2007. Currently 43 about to go 44 @ end of March…

I’ve put in a packet with the Houston Air Guard with two waivers – 1st Lasik, 2nd Knee - meniscus repair.

It’s been 6 weeks with no help from the recruiter other than “MEPS has it and I don’t know anything…” I’ve also requested to be cleared through San Antonio MEPS in hopes of getting in quicker, the recruiters reply “We don’t submit to San Antonio’s MEPS; they want us to circle your initials and we don’t do that.” (In reference to the MEPS paperwork recruiters&recruits initials on each page.) and this classic “You should try the ARMY to clear you thought MEPS and then talk to me/Air Guard…”

Is there a process to check directly with MEPS or a process to inquire though the recruiting chain of command… I am getting a sinking feeling the recruiter is putting me on the back burner… Or my “conspiracy theory” dread that my packet never made it to MEPS…

Hopefully I am being a bit over ansy about getting back in and I get in and out of MEPS soon without issue. It’s just that the two other times I made the MEPS trip it was setup and done within a week…

Any other PS have a similar issue, I’d appreciate any thoughts on how to navigate and any ideas action items you found helped your MEPS waiver delay.

Re: Houston MEPS Help for PS

Well, I can't blame you for joining the Air Guard. I considered it after my last deployment. There is no good way to make that determination. You can imagine you won't really get anywhere trying to call MEPS. Just wait it out and keep bothering the Recruiter. Anyone else with better advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      Well, I can't blame you for joining the Air Guard. I considered it after my last deployment. There is no good way to make that determination. You can imagine you won't really get anywhere trying to call MEPS. Just wait it out and keep bothering the Recruiter. Anyone else with better advice?
      Thank you for the reply Mongoose - I've scoured these forums and found that most of the MEPS concerns/issues are a "hurry up and wait" scenario but I am sure/hoping that there is someone who is similar to my case and they might share some info on how they shook things loose at MEPS.

Comment

Figured I'd give an update (hopefully not a final one...)

Well I finally received an email from the recruiter today stating MEPS has reviewed my 2 initial waivers (sitting over 8 weeks at MEPS...) . One for Lasik and one for a Knee/Meniscus clean up. Two run of the mill basic waivers I would assume as TON's of folks have had LASIK and minor Meniscus work done....

Well, coming into this with an RE:1 and PULHES of all 1's (2 for eyes) the email stated:

"Applicant has been Permanently Disqualified by the Chief Medical Officer"

A letter is on the way and hope a hell of a better explanation then the one in the email.

Since I've yet to step foot into Housto MEPS have any others on here had luck going to another city's MEPS with another recruiter( IE: San Antonio is not too far off for me) ? Have any of you had this happen, denied on initial and luck getting in with a second round of waivers/requests?

Any insight into how to go back after this, there is no way I want this to end without using every option I can at getting back in...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully there will be some good feedback..

Comment

A different MEPS will have different Docs, so it's worth a shot. You should also find you a different recruiter. Only you care enough about restarting your career, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

Working...
          X