X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Misdiagnosed?

Enlisted in 2004 and was having relationship issues and minor depression. That mixed with alcohol ended me getting me seperated in 2006 with a Personality Disorder and Re 3.

I have been to a licensed doctor who says I was young and made some stupid decisions. He said I do not have a Personality Disorder and felt that I was misdiagnosed.

I am now a 5 year police officer in Ga. with a family. I just want to get my military life back.... Any advice is helpful.

Re: What if Misdiagnosed?

You have to take your discharge papers to a recruiter and see if your SPD and Re-code is waiverable. Did you have to submit your military discharge paperwork when you became a cop? Surprised they hired you if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      You have to take your discharge papers to a recruiter and see if your SPD and Re-code is waiverable. Did you have to submit your military discharge paperwork when you became a cop? Surprised they hired you if they did.
      I had to pass a psych eval with the police department and I was given a clean bill of health by a civilian doctor. Like I said I was misdiagnosed. I also have a letter of Recomendation to re enlist by my company commander(who signed my release papers).

Comment

As a former federal cop and Army MP, I know the drill with the psych eval. SPD and re-code is very hard to change. They may keep the code and simply change it to a "failure to adapt". Either way, you were discharged and you need to take your case to the board of corrections to see what will happen.

Comment

Working...
        X